What is the MJ-90A? We took the ever popular DE89 razor head, studied it, analyzed all it's positive and negative qualities and made it WAY better!
What did we do and why is it better?
1) Materials: Instead of low-quality zinc-alloy (Zamak/pot metal), we used aircraft aluminum block for the head and 316L stainless steel rod for the handle.
2) Build: Instead of cheap, non-precise stamping/casting, we have built the razor using precision CNC milling, both for the head and handle. The tolerances are superior to the DE89.
3) Design: Instead of having the blade tabs exposed, we have milled the tolerances of the guideposts to precisely hold the blade with very little blade play, meaning the blade tabs can be covered, protecting your precious ear lobes :)
4) Longevity: The DE89 is well known for its threaded post snapping off. Why? Because it uses cheap pot metal and because it's post is spot welded on. Drop it from 12-18 inches and the post breaks off into the handle rendering your $40-45 razor useless and ready for the landfill. We completely milled the top cap from a block of aircraft aluminum, meaning the top cap is one solid piece, no broken posts here!
5) Handle: Instead of using a hollow cheap handle, we have milled our handle from solid 316L marine-grade stainless steel and hand polished it. We have also milled in our RazoRock Halo rings for extreme grip and comfort!
6) Price: Even though we made all the necessary improvements above, it sells for only $29.99! How does this even make sense when the competition is selling a far inferior product for $35-60? I'll leave that with you to ponder :)
With the RazoRock brand, our goal is to make things better and less expensive.
Success = Value to our clients.
Handle Material: 316 marine-grade stainless steel, hand polished
Head Material: 6061 billet aluminum, anodized black finish
Handle Weight: ~3.1 oz
Handle Length: 90 mm
Handle Diameter: 13 mm
Thread: M5 x .8
Aggression: Medium aggression razor (Joe's Rating: 6 out of 10), highly efficient.